Notice of Privacy Practices
Under HIPAA, an individual has the following rights with regard to his/her PHI (Protected Health Information):
· The right to consent to or authorize the use and disclosure of PHI.
· The right to receive a copy of the practice?s Notice of Privacy Practices.
· The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI.
· The right to receive confidential communications of PHI.
· The right to inspect and copy PHI.
· The right to request an amendment of PHI.
· The right to an accounting of the disclosures of PHI made by the covered entity for purposes other than TPO (for treatment, payment and healthcare operations).
· The right to complain about alleged violations to the practice and DHHS (Dept. of Health & Human Services).